Accessible Internet voting
Voters will be able to cast their ballot online from October 7 to 24, 2014.
The Internet voting system has been designed with the needs of voters with disabilities in mind and is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Voters will be able to cast their ballot in the comfort of their own home and will be able to use any common assistive technology software when they are voting online.
Accessible voting locations
Every effort has been made to ensure that every voting location is accessible as possible.
During the advance voting period from October 15-19, all voting locations will be equipped with the ATI Handheld Touch Pad, the Paddles and Sip and Puff devices. The locations chosen for advanced voting are City Hall, the Evergreen Seniors Centre and Stone Road Mall.
On voting day, October 27, voters casting their vote by paper ballot will be able to vote at any location in their ward. For voters who wish to use the Handheld Touch Pad, Paddles or Sip and Puff devices, one voting location in each ward has been chosen that will be equipped with all three accessible ballot marking devices. The voting locations with accessible devices on voting day are:
- Ward 1: Guelph City Hall, 1 Carden Street
- Ward 2: Evergreen Seniors Community Centre, 683 Woolwich Street
- Ward 3: St. Joseph Catholic Church, 409 Paisley Road
- Ward 4: West End Community Centre, 21 Imperial Road South
- Ward 5: Stone Road Mall, 435 Stone Road West
- Ward 6: Salvation Army Citadel, 1320 Gordon Street
All voting locations with accessible voting devices meet full accessibility standards.
Your feedback on our Accessibility Plan is essential to us in providing an election that is accessible to all electors. With your help, the City Clerk’s Office will continue to learn, develop and adjust our approaches in order to meet the needs of persons with disabilities.
You can provide feedback to us:
- by telephone at 519-837-5625, or using TTY at 519-826-9771;
- by email to email@example.com;
- using the Accessibility Standards of Customer Service Feedback Form, which is also available at ServiceGuelph and at all voting locations
- In writing to the attention of the Accessibility Services Coordinator, 1 Carden St, Guelph, ON, N1H 3A1; or
- In person to the Returning Officer, Deputy Returning Officer or the Accessibility Services Coordinator at City Hall;