Thinking about running in the municipal election?
New this election
- health and safety protocols will be in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- new ward boundaries keep Guelph at six wards but adjusts the boundaries to redistribute the population more evenly and give consideration for future growth
- internet voting and ranked balloting will not be used in the 2022 Guelph municipal election
- nominations to run for mayor, councillor, or school board trustee may be filed beginning May 2, 2022 until 2 p.m. on nomination day (August 19, 2022)
- Guelph’s 2022 municipal election is taking place on October 24, 2022, following the provincial election in June 2022
- the term of all offices begins on November 15, 2022