The City of Guelph is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free community and services. The 2018 Accessibility Report outlines how barriers were identified, removed and prevented during the 2018 municipal and school board election. An Accessibility Plan, which will outline the measures that the City of Guelph will be implementing in order to ensure that the all voters and candidates have an equal opportunity to participate in the 2022 Municipal Election, will be made available in summer 2022.
Accessible voting locations
Every effort has been made to ensure that every voting location is as accessible as possible.
During the advanced voting period from October 8-10 and 14-16, all voting locations will be equipped with Audio Tactile Interface (ATI) Handheld Touch Pads, Paddles and Sip and Puff devices.
On Voting day, October 24, voters will be able to vote at any location in their ward. For voters who wish to use the Audio Tactile Interface (ATI) Handheld Touch Pad, Paddles or Sip and Puff devices, one voting location in each ward will be equipped with all three accessible ballot marking devices.
Information on advanced voting and voting day locations will be available in summer 2022.
All voting locations with accessible voting devices meet full accessibility standards.
Your feedback on accessible voting is essential to us in providing an election that is accessible to all electors. With your help, the City Clerk’s Office will continue to learn, develop and adjust our approaches in order to meet the needs of persons with disabilities.
You can provide feedback to us:
- by telephone at 519-837-5625, or using TTY at 519-826-9771
- by email to email@example.com
- using the Accessibility Standards of Customer Service Feedback Form, which is also available at ServiceGuelph and at all voting locations
- In writing to the attention of the Accessibility Services Coordinator, 1 Carden St, Guelph, ON, N1H 3A1
- In person to the Returning Officer, Deputy Returning Officer or the Accessibility Services Coordinator at City Hall