The City of Guelph is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free community and services. The Accessibility Plan has been created to outline the measures that the City of Guelph will be implementing in order to ensure that the all voters and candidates have an equal opportunity to participate in the 2018 Municipal Election.
Accessible voting locations
Every effort has been made to ensure that every voting location is as accessible as possible.
During the advanced voting period from October 12-14, all voting locations will be equipped with Audio Tactile Interface (ATI) Handheld Touch Pads, Paddles and Sip and Puff devices. During the advanced voting period you may vote at any of the following advanced voting locations:
|City Hall||1 Carden Street|
|Clair Road Emergency Services Centre||160 Clair Road West|
|Evergreen Seniors Community Centre||683 Woolwich Street|
|University of Guelph – Athletic Centre||150 Reynolds Walk|
On Voting day, October 22, voters will be able to vote at any location in their ward. For voters who wish to use the Audio Tactile Interface (ATI) Handheld Touch Pad, Paddles or Sip and Puff devices, one voting location in each ward will be equipped with all three accessible ballot marking devices.
Information on advanced voting and voting day locations will be available in summer 2018.
All voting locations with accessible voting devices meet full accessibility standards.
Your feedback on our Accessibility Plan is essential to us in providing an election that is accessible to all electors. With your help, the City clerk’s Office will continue to learn, develop and adjust our approaches in order to meet the needs of persons with disabilities.
You can provide feedback to us:
- by telephone at 519-837-5625, or using TTY at 519-826-9771
- by email to [email protected]
- using the Accessibility Standards of Customer Service Feedback Form, which is also available at ServiceGuelph and at all voting locations
- In writing to the attention of the Accessibility Services Coordinator, 1 Carden St, Guelph, ON, N1H 3A1
- In person to the Returning Officer, Deputy Returning Officer or the Accessibility Services Coordinator at City Hall